Job Title: Structural Engineer
Company: Mahindra Susten Pvt Ltd
Reports to: Product Head
Desired Experience: 3+ years
Mahindra Susten (previously Mahindra EPC Services Pvt. Ltd.) is the 'Cleantech' arm of the Mahindra Partners driven by and committed to providing state-of-the-art solutions. Mahindra Susten offers diversified services within the renewable energy and clean tech space. A leading player in the Indian solar energy sector, with over 1200 MWp commissioned to date and over 500 MWp under execution, Mahindra Susten's services span across turnkey solar EPC services - both utility scale solar and rooftop solar, solar DG hybrid solutions, solar products, solar car charging stations, telecom tower Solarization, solar PV O&M, analytics, engineering services, energy management services and industrial build solutions.
For Design Engineering of:
- Solar Tracker
- Solar Module Mounting Structures
- Foundations - Pile Type
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project configuration - Define components required for custom projects, including researching and defining local design criteria, structural design and calculation, and working with current inventory restrictions.
- Product design - Design custom components and/or complete product required for a project.
- Project scheduling - Schedule engineering drawings and document preparation, calculations, and resources necessary for the project.
- Drafting - Draft and/or check all drafting work for projects using AutoCAD.
- Analysis - Use of various domestic and international standards and engineering principles to analyse structures, connections, and components using analytic and computational methods.
- Assist with other departmental needs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skill Required:
- Familiarity with Design codes: IS 800, IS 875, IS 456, IS 1893, ASCE, AISC etc.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Programming skills in Matlab, Python etc.
- Analytical Software Skills: Ansys and/or Abaqus, StaadPro, Solidworks, SAP2000
- Communicate effectively and work well with other engineers and team members
- Must have good organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in designing of Solar tracker will be added advantage