In an effort to recognize the contributions of Mahindra Susten towards building sustainable careers for women, AVTAR Group & Working Mother Media has listed Mahindra Susten as part of the 2017 -100 Best Companies for Women in India (BCWI). Currently in its second edition, BCWI Study aims to recognize and bring into foray the sustained initiatives undertaken by companies to increase women’s workforce partici-pation.
The 2017 edition witnessed an overwhelming participation of 360 companies from across industries. Among which, Mahindra Susten emerged as one of 100 Best winners of the study.
Commenting on the initiative, Dr. Saundarya Rajesh, Founder – President, AVTAR Group, said “Corporate India’s focus on recruiting and expanding their women employee base is laudable. Going by the data (a 5% increase in women’s representation in one year), the Best Companies for Women in India may get to their goal of gender balance in another 5-6 years’ time! Whilst it is encouraging to note that many companies have introduced new policies to retain valuable women talent, this trend still remains nascent in traditional services industry and there is a need for industries such as manufacturing and infrastructure to leverage the opportunity of an increase in employable women talent. In the years to come, BCWI will further strengthen the ecosystem for women professionals in India Inc., raising the bar each year and catalyzing its journey to gender balance”
Adding to this, Ms. Subha Barry, Senior Vice President & Managing Director, Working Mother Media, said “We are delighted that BCWI has set a benchmark among companies to initiate more women inclusive polices. The impact that BCWI has created in the Indian market, where companies have recognized the need for having women in the workforce and have diligently worked towards introducing best practices is truly remarkable. We have noticed that this is not just at an entry level but across all levels, which is very encouraging for women employees in the Mahindra Susten. I congratulate all the winning companies and hope to see a continued expansion of inclusive and women-friendly policies.”
Mahindra Susten is renowned for pioneering initiatives that help women build a successful career and offer them a well chalked out growth path. Some of the key initiatives introduced by Mahindra Susten are:
- The maternity policy at Mahindra Susten ensures a paid maternity leave of 7 months, reduced working hours for the duration of pregnancy to avoid rush hour traffic, additional paid leave for women who have been with the organization for more than 2 years and a host of post-delivery benefits with options to choose from unpaid leave, flexi working hours and work from home.
- In order to ensure safe mobility while at work, Mahindra Susten has waived off hotel entitlement limits and tied up with Cab services to provide pickup and drop facility for women employees from airport if travelling at odd hours.
- Regular self-defense workshops to build lifelong skills for empowerment.
- At the same time, Mahindra Susten also offers sabbatical & short term loans to take care of any personal priorities.
- Nutritionist consultation and EAP services to take care of physical and mental health.
In the last annual year, Mahindra Susten has introduced several key initiatives that help build a women inclusive workplace. More than 17% new hires are women and 10% women are employed at top-level positions.