Mahindra Susten is delighted to announce the achievement of the significant safety milestone of 3 Million Safe Man hours that we achieved in our Sakaka, Saudi Arabia, 405MWp project site! To have accomplished this great milestone took more than just commitment & support of the management, it took teamwork, dedication and a robust health and safety process. The entire employee force to continually fought all the challenges of working day & night at a large parcel of land in an unfamiliar location.
What exactly is a Safe Man Hour?
The measure of Safe Man Hours is a clear reflection of our safety performance in any & all of the projects we undertake. A safe man-hour by definition, is a unit of production completed without any lost time, injury or accident. At an organisational level, it is a crucial indicator of the performance of HSE Management System – a systematic approach to managing safety, including organisational structures, accountabilities, policies & procedures. It also aids us in proportionately weighing our business activities & applying principles, framework, and processes to help prevent accidents, injuries & to minimize other risks.
A stellar performance in Safe Man Hours reflects the ability to assess, predict and perform under challenging environments comprising of complicated social and physical environments, a diverse mix of culture, nationality & language of workmen, consequent communication and coordination problems.
The process behind our achievement
We couldn’t have achieved this milestone without the evergreen dedication & commitment of the entire team. A lot is at stake when the team works on round the clock shifts on site. Though it is an arduous challenge, Mahindra Susten along with its team surmounted it by –
- Ensuring adequate illumination through movable tower lights during night shifts.
- Being selective in logistic arrangements & pre-planning them for during the day
- Deploying Job Supervisors & HSE Supervisors 24/7
- Round the clock medical support to tackle emergencies
- Setting up a 24/7 emergency helpline number to address & respond to emergencies during working hours
Mahindra Susten ensures that the high standards of HSE are maintained throughout the project duration by adhering to the below for all projects:
- A 1: 40 HSE supervisor ratio against project manpower needs to be maintained by us and our Subcontractor, as per contractual obligations.
- NEBOSH – The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is a UK-based independent examination board delivering vocational qualifications in health, safety and environmental practice & management. It’s one of the technical qualification requirements for HSE professionals from Project companies.
- The HSE Master document lists accounts for a total of 168 HSE documents. We have HSE documents which include plans, management procedures, operational control procedures, technical instructions, safety instructions, forms, inspection checklist etc.
This achievement would not have been possible without the HSE Team’s continuous efforts to create and maintain a sustainable safety culture on all sites. Team Mahindra Susten’s commitment and dedication towards achieving excellence in safety performance towards a safe working environment is the reason we are here today.
Onwards to multi-million Safe Man Hours!
#MahindraSusten #EPC #SafeManHours #SolarEPCServices #MahindraEPCServices #MahindraSolarProducts #SafeEnvironment