Company: Mahindra EPC Services Ltd
Department: Procurement & Contracts
Reporting to: Head- Procurement & Contracts
Term of employment: Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SENIOR MANAGER CONTRACT
Mahindra Susten Pvt Ltd (MSPL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mahindra Group, a US$ 15.9 Billion group having a strong presence in automobile & automotive components, farm & energy equipment, telecom & software, infrastructure sector.
Mahindra Group has recently forayed in EPC business in the “Cleantech” space through turnkey PV Solar installations and has already become one of the top EPC companies in this domain within 2 years of on ground execution. It is currently executing many grid connected and off grid projects for Marquee customers and wants to continue its position to be a niche player in this segment. Mahindra Susten is also poised to progressively diversify into other EPC businesses.
In order to become a world class EPC company and also to grow and diversify the EPC Business, Mahindra Susten is currently in process to bolstering its EPC team with competent professionals to implement sound business, execution, Quality & HSE processes. To meet the above objective, It is looking for Contracts Manager.
The Incumbent will assume responsibility for development, management, and maintenance of all main contracts and subcontracts of MSPL. The Contracts Manager will play a major role in this effort by ensuring that contractual arrangements with clients are clear, economical, and efficient and that the tasks necessary to maintain contracts and strong client relationships are performed with expedience and diligence. To be successful in this role, the chosen candidate will have significant experience in international contract management, along with exposure to or experience of international Project Management. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and significant experience in negotiating with stakeholders and suppliers, is required
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from Hand Over from BD/Proposal Group until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
- Oversee major functions of contract management, including drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution in liaison with BD, Finance and Legal Team.
- Identification of Customer/Consortium and other third party obligations and development and implementation of the Project Contract Commercial Plan, including Project Claim Strategy.
- Liaise with Project Planning Manager to ensure Contract Programme and appropriate schedules for subcontracts are produced and maintained, to support Project Claim Strategy.
- Support project risk and opportunity identification and analysis. Support the management of risks and opportunities by development and implementation of appropriate Project Contract Commercial Plan.
- Preservation of MSPL’s rights and entitlements as provided in the Contract. Ensure proper notices are given in line with contract requirements. Management of claims to/from customers and consortium partners.
- Ensuring appropriate recovery from third parties.
- Management of customer Variation Requests/Change Orders.
- 10-15 years of contracts managements
- University Degree in Engineering, Additional qualification in Law would be preferable but not mandatory.
- Experience in large complex capital EPC projects, Power Projects and preferable exposure to Projects in India / Global.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and interpreting complex and sizeable contracts, preferably within the EPC Parameters in Infrastructure & Power Projects in India/Global.
- Strong fundamentals and understanding of Contract Law, Arbitration Laws Statutory Requirement applicable to such Contracts.
- Technical understanding about, Term Sheet, EPC Contracts (FIDIC Based or other International Contract Forms), Service Contracts, Supply Contracts.